Monday 3 December 2012

Land Speeder Tempest finished.... Almost.

All in all, my Land Speeder Tempest is pretty much finished. I gave it a wash, a highlight here and there and painted the pilot. Somehow, I find it very difficult to make decent pictures of it. The camera's flash does murder and gives the pictures a strange gloss that it doesn't really have when I look at it with my own eyes. The first picture is taken without a flash and shows the colours much more lifelike.



The sides of the tail fins are black, because I want to add the crossed swords chapter sigil - which is the trademark of the Guardians of the Covenant - there. I've added a couple of white swords on the wings, which I've taken from the Ravenwing sprue, removing the wings on either side.



So it's finished.. almost. What it still lacks is a detailed interior. There's something of a problem here because apparently, I didn't wash the model properly on the inside before basecoating it. As a result the paint on the inside just won't stick. I guess it's some kind of residue from the casting process. I trick coating it with Chaos Black, but no result. A second time I tried to coat it with an old Citadel Foundation, but no result. It looks even worse now. Shame actually, because the pilot ended up really well. If anyone reading this has any advice, please do tell. I'd love to finish the interior as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...