Sunday 2 December 2012

Land Speeder Tempest!

Hey all,
It's been around a million years since my last post. And that was fanfic. Since there is a serious lack of Guardians of the Covenant dedicated stuff in the internet, I think I'll post some more WIP stuff on here in the meantime.






I've recently purchased a Land Speeder Tempest from Forge Word. I think the model is great and it's a bit easily overlooked when you take all the other, more recent and probably more special models from Forge World into account. Even though a Typhoon might be better when you look at a points cost, ratio, I tend to run it as a 120pt Tempest anyway. If an opponent refuses to play against my FW models, I could always field is as a regular Typhoon.

Now, on to the model. Some stuff was a bit warped. Especially the tail fin, cockpit canopy and the sensor rods at the wing tips. After a careful dip in some boiling water, the warpage could be undone for the bigger part.



If I remember correctly, the Tempest has been around since 2003/2004(?), so it's an older model which came with Imperial Armour II. With all the Heresy-stuff making the front page of Forge World, this awesome model tends to be overlooked. Shame, I'd say.
When 6th edition arrived, I was hoping that the Tempest would become a Flyer. Especially when taking into account that it's listed as a "Space Marine Aircraft" on the Forge World website. When compared to a regular Land Speeder, there are really some notable differences. For one, it's bigger/ The wings are bigger, the body is more massive and it's not open-topped. It's also a really chunky model. The body is one solid chunk of resin and gives it a real weighty feel.


The only quirk to it, when opening the canopy, is that the Marine pilot inside lacks pauldrons. Now, I've never seen a Space Marine without them and I think it's a design quirk. Seeing that it's an older model. Still, I would have appreciated the pauldrons. That said, it's going to get a basecoat later today and then I'll slap it up with some nice Guardians of the Covenant colours. And maybe, one day, I'll get it a nice resin flying base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...