Friday, 8 March 2013


The vile Word Bearers and their daemonic allies were utterly broken against the might of the stalwart brothers of the Guardians of the Covenant.

Thursday, 7 March 2013

A fluffy Dark Angels list.

I've got a match planned tomorrow against an infantry-heavy Eldar and MEQ list. Recently, I've been toying with the idea to make a nice and fluffy list based around a Techmarine and his tanks. With 1500pts in mind, I came up with the following:

Company Master - TH/SS/Art. armour - 155pt.
Techmarine - Servo harness/Power Axe/Boltgun - 90

Mortis Dreadnought - 2x TL-Autocannon - 125pt

Land Speeder Tempest - 110pt
Ravenwing Bike Squadron - Vet sgt./Power maul 115

Tactical Squad - Power fist/Vet. sgt./melta/missle - 200pt
Tactical Squad - Power sword/Vet. sgt./Pl.gun/lascannon - 200pt

Predator Destructor - Dozer blade - 105pt.
Predator Annihillator - Dozer blade - 145pt.
Land Raider Redeemer - Multi-melta - 255pt

The idea was to field a lot of armour and to hide the HQ's in the tactical squads. Since my opponent agrees to field Forge World stuff, I'm keen on trying out the Tempest with the new IA: Aeronautica rules. It has the "afterburner" rule, which effectively makes it a flyer if the player proclaims it so, at the start of each turn. Thus only AA being able to hit it, with the catch that it can't fire any weapons while airborne.
With the appearance of Death from the Skies by Games Workshop, I fear that the Tempest has become obsolete: the Storm Talon has been reduced in points cost, and it has the same price (110pts) as the Tempest now. Bawww. I'll still be using it however.

We'll see how this list will do/die against the Eldar and Marines.

Storm Eagle in the works. Part II

Today was a big day. My Storm Eagle got basecoated. Somehow, I think the models look even better when they have a slick basecoat. There's no difference in colour anymore due to it being a resin/plastic kit, and overall, the models looks simply stunning.
It was a real tough nut to crack, when it came down to building it. Some parts still don't really seem to fit, but the gaps and creaks seem to have faded a bit now that it has a basecoat. The next big thing will be to paint the majority boltgun metal and scab red (Yes, old GW colours!) followed by some washing, highlighting and details. I look forward to working on this one, but I will take my time.

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Storm Eagle in the works.

Here she is. And it was a bloody paint to build. Almost nothing seemed to fit and almost everything was warped. After a lot of fiddling with a hair-dryer, glue and elastic bands, it finally fits together.

I made a light conversion to the model: I added a tail fin from the Storm Raven kit after being inspired by a fellow blogger. This finishes the model and makes it look more alike it's bigger brother, the Thunderhawk.

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Building the Storm Eagle

Oh man. The Storm Eagle is the worst best model I've been building so far. The stuff is warped beyond recognition and even when bent back into the right position it doesn't all seem to fit.
Anyhow. I made a big mistake: I ruined the front hatch (which is the same from the Storm Raven kit). The part broke, with probably no way to fix it. So what I did: I ordered one from a bits site. In the meantime, I'll go on constructing the Storm Eagle and painting it up. The model itself and the level of detail looks splendid, but the construction is one hell of a job. Pictures are to follow later
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...