Monday 16 December 2013

An experiment: using home-printed transfers.

Hey guys,
Several months ago, I've posted about how I printed my own decals(http://guardiansotc.blogspot.nl/2013/06/printing-your-own-transfer-sheets-as.html), and I gave them a try this morning. Now, as you can see, it's not entirely perfect. It shows some white on the edges (it's white decal paper) which I need to cover with a bit of black paint. Other than that, it seems quite smooth. And though it doesn't really solve with use of a solvent (because of the gloss varnish coat), it looks pretty decent. Anyway, here are some very WIP photo's. Expect the final result very soon!







3 comments:

  1. Use Tamya micro sol or micro set and after that spray your decals under matt varnish , it will remove any trace of the decal and it will blend it wonderfully onto your miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard if you use the transparent sheets from testors you can get a better result. since it you cannot print white you would have to paint some white on the shoulder and then cover up the edges with black paint. however I am no good with transfers of any sort, though I have seen them used in tutorials on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching for DIY transfer materials for my own Guardians for ages, but can't seem to find any in Canada. I've ended up just printing the decals on paper, cutting around it ::very carefully:: with scissors from a swiss army knife, layering on a water-PVA glue mix to seal it to the mini, and painting black around all the edges. Very fiddly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...