Wednesday 17 June 2015

Showcase: Iron Warriors Maulerfiend

Finally I've got something to show off again!

This time it's a Maulerfiend for my ever growing Iron Warriors daemon engine army. Its name is the Hellraker, and it's hungry for some Imperial Fists unlucky enough to linger in its path. 

The model itself is done. The dying space marine will get some touch-ups, mainly the red trim, some further battle damage and an Imperial Fist transfer on his pauldron.

All in all, the model was a joy to work on. I worked heavily with (thick and thinned) washes to gain an oily ancient look for this machine. Despite being Iron Warriors, I decided not to apply hazard stripes, because it does not really compliment daemon engines, in my opinion.

Please tell me what you think of it, and how I can improve on it!


Cheers.

-Revan88




1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Revan! My only critique of the model would be some of the base tones blending into the model a bit. (similar colors). Darkening, or lightening the base could help offset that a bit. But that's just a nit pick since you asked for suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...