Friday 6 November 2015

Work in Progress: Renegades & Heretics

Nearly weekend!

Prepping my models for a match is always a good motivator for me; I have a rule where I only use models that are at finished completely. Though I strive to follow that rule at all times, I must admit that I play with "almost finished" models from time to time. Never will I play with so-called "grey" models or models that are simply primed black or white.

Now back to the prepping. Friday night is my FLGS's Warhammer night, and I like to finish up models so that I can use them during these friday nights. Behold: the Cult of Steel, dual cultists and Renegades & Heretics. I plan on using them either as Chaos cultists as per the CSM codex and once I have expanded a bit, they will be an allied detachment from Imperial Armour 13, complete with some neat heavy mortars from Victoria Miniatures and nice artillery crew. A nice allied detachment that will fit the theme of the Iron Warriors pretty well, plus the mortars will probably pound some enemies to submission.

Since I always hobby during evenings, and natural light is far, far away this time of the year, please forgive me for the crappy iPhone photos.

The models use Forge World's renegade torsos and some proper Cadian arms and legs. The base is a simple cork this time, instead of expensive resin bases I usually have a taste of. I plan on making a lot, lot more of these so I painted them in tabletop quality. No need to spend hours on single miniatures when I plan to have about 60 of them on the field. As a group, they look splendid. I might make them a little more drab with some weathering powders and some Typhus Corrosion, a nice technical paint with the right amount of drabbiness.


- Revan88


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...