Thursday 25 February 2016

Work in Progress: Iron Warriors Hell Talon Fighter-Bomber

I haven't posted for some time, last post was in November I believe. I took a break from painting, since I lost a bit of mojo. Sometimes, when it comes to hobbying, I''m a bit over-saturated and I need a well-earned break. Playing games with my armies still continues, but the painting/building aspect is on hold for some weeks or months.

But not any longer! The best motivation I can have is that I have to meet a deadline. I dislike playing with unpainted models, so when I have a nice (large) battle upcoming and feel the need to use new toys, I embark upon a quest to finish that model so I can use it in the battle.
This has always worked for me and with that in mind I started working again on my Hell Talon. As you can see, it's far from there yet, but It will be done by tonight. All I need to add is some decals, weathering and highlights and she's ready to dominate the skies!




Hell Talon - Now with hazard stripes!

Tamiya 6mm masking tape works best for this kind of job.





Warp Pulse Bombs slowly gaining colour

I use a custom flight rod and base from Dragon Forge Studios.
To the left is the GW flyer base.





She stands firm!



Finally, added the canopy. I decided red glass was better looking.
Renegade Guardsman on the wing for scale reference. The Hell Talon is easily 1,5 Baneblades long.

3 comments:

  1. Which episode of House is that?

    Nice model BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghehe, 8th season. Nearly there. End of an era.
      Perfect painting bingewatch material.

      Delete
  2. Looking good Revan88, Glad your back on the Horse.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...