Saturday 4 May 2013

Kitbashed Whirlwind.

Oh boy. This is a story about how an old Ultramarines Rhino transformed into a kitbashed Whirlwind!
After giving it a nice matte black spray coat, I intended to re-paint it as a rhino. However, after going through  my extensive bitzbox, I came across some Typhoon missle launchers from the Ravenwing sprue. I just had to do something with it. Seeing as I've always been too greedy to buy a proper Whirlwind, I went about making the old Rhino into one.
As you will see, it's fairly easy. It uses bits from the Quad-gun from the Aegis Defence Line, glued to the stem from that kit are both missle launchers. It fits neatly into the razorback/predator hatch. And, tadaa.






I agree, it's a bit slim looking, but conversions are the lifeblood of the hobby they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...