Tuesday 4 June 2013

A Thousand Points of Warfare. Part II: The Pictures.

Since the internet loves pictures, and I felt creative, I've managed to take some pictures of the 1000pts list I will be using upcoming friday. I had 50 points left, so it was only a natural choice for me to include an Aegis Defence Line without gun, for that would make it 100pts total. Overall, I'm very happy with he list and wonder against what I will be playing.




The overview

The Snipers

Land Speeder Tempest

Company Master with Company Veterans
Tactical Squad

Combat Squad with Contemptor-Mortis



HQ
Company Master - TH/SS/Art. Armour - 155pt.

Elites
Company Veterans - 2xPower Sword/2x Combat Shield/Heavy Bolter - 135pts

Troops
Tactical Squad - 10 Marines/Vet. Sergeant/Power Fist/Flamer/Missile Launcher - 195pts
Tactical Squad – 70pts
Scouts - Sniper Rifles/Vet. Sergeant - 70pts

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Tempest - 110pt

Heavy Support
Contemptor-Mortis – 2xKheres Assault Cannon/Cyclone Missile Launcher – 215pts

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line - 50pts  


1000pts


5 comments:

  1. Hey wassup?
    Ive been following your blog since a couple of months and its amazing. I have a GoTC army too, so i was wondering if you can tell me how do you paint the robes of the army. Wich paints do you use to do it? Thank you so much :P
    I love your entire army man, its so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There!
    First of all, thanks for the awesome compliments! It's really nice to see people show some love for the GotC. I paint the robes using the old GW paint range and I do it as follows. On a chaos black basecoat I paint two or sometimes three thinner layers of Scab Red, followed by a Devlan Mud wash and when that's dry, I highlight the robes with a careful Blood Red drybrush to make the edges stand out.
    For the metal I use leadbelcher/Boltgun Metal and then a simple Badab Black/Army Painter Dark Tone Ink wash.
    If there's interest, I'll make a simple tutorial soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again!
    The thing is, that all the people that I see talking about how to paint the robes says that they do using mephiston/mechrite red as the base colour on a black imprimation and then, use nuln oil and then highlight the robe with evil sunz scarlet/blood red. What do you think about it? I want my robes to look dark you know? What do you think about this metod? could work?
    Keep the work :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey again,
    I think the nuln oil would make the red too dark. Thing is, if you use black undercoat and paint a darker red on top of that, the red dries up a lot darker than when using a mechrite red foundation. Instead of the nuln oil you could use agrax earthshade and then a careful mephiston/blood red drybrush highlight.
    It's a lot less work and I think it's more effective. I tried a lot of paint schemes and things before I settled with what I use today.
    But, there are more ways to rome and I guess the paints and stuff you mention would work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the thing is, that i dont want to spend 3 euros por Agrax if only i will use it for a couple of robes, so I was thinking in a similar shcheme.
    I think i will try using scab red/khorne red as basecoat, then dark it a bit with nuln oil and then highlight with blood red. Anyway, I dont care so much about painting, just enough for table top becouse I enjoy more playing ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...